Creating and Being The Stoned Artist

Some days call for some serious introspection. This is one of those days.

I find myself thinking about the last two years, what I’ve gone through, who I’ve become and I feel proud. At my darkest point, I questioned if I could survive living so far from my family and friends.

So far from the career I always dreamed of.

So far from the coast I know and love most.

I’m Nicia, (aka NiciaBrighteyes,) and this is my blog, The Stoned Artist.

There’s something about being lonely that makes you yearn for faith in anything. It could be faith in yourself, in a deity, in a result of a specific struggle. I didn’t have any faith for a long time, and because of that, I lacked a stable foundation. Have you every watched videos of buildings or houses collapsing because their foundation was compromised?

Picture that now as a person.

That was me.

Image via @alison_wu

In the last year, I’ve come to trust and love the Universe. I crave the feeling of hours in nature, letting my hands caress trees and flowers. The sun sets and I fall in love with the stars every night. As one phase glides into the next, I find I live by the moon. When I feel my vibration is off, I believe in the power of crystals.

My blog title is misleading, I know. When the thought of it first spoke to me, I knew I would have a lot of explaining to do. (Don’t worry Mom, it’s not what you think.)

It’s simple: I am an artist, and I love crystals.

Crystals, aka pretty stones, are my obsession. They change my perception of the world around me and help me set intentions when they’re near. All I want in the world is to know them better. That’s where this blog comes into play.

As I learn my craft as a maker, I’m learning the roles crystals have in my daily life. As I learn about them, I want to share the knowledge as well as gather the information into a collective space.

Do you believe in magic? How can you not when you look around at the beauty of this world?

Image via @Goldirocks.co

Judy Hall, Vanessa Cuccia, and Hibiscus Moon are three authors of crystal healing books and classes that I admire. They have shaped and molded my love and fascination for stones and their metaphysical properties. Some crystals I keep to help with my anxiety, or combating negativity, others to help instill a feeling of self love and compassion.

I’m an artist. Moss and Moonstone is my Makers business. I’m a potter that enjoys delving into other mediums.

Moss and Moonstone is a connection to all things earthly. The Stoned Artist is a connection to all things celestial.

Education is incredibly important to me. I want to learn as many different forms of artistry as possible. I also love to indulge in local makers classes and workshops and I crave traveling.

This blog will serve as my journal of all of the things I love.

The takeaway:

My name is Nicia and I’m a purple haired, crystal obsessed potter with a love of small towns and big dreams.

Tell me who you are in the comments below!

Share:

16 Comments

1. December 4, 2018 / 2:21 am

I’m Michelle, fitness professional, I love yoga, ballet and personal training. And my blog is new, about healthy living and great products. Nice to meet you! xoxo Michelle

• TheStonedArtist
      Author
      December 4, 2018 / 2:57 am

Nice to meet you Michelle!

2. December 4, 2018 / 4:44 am

Hey there, A.E. Fraser here! You liked a couple of my aerial posts, so thought I would swing by and return the favor, however, I find myself commiserating with your post as I too have been there and have been trying to right my own art/writing ship. I’m glad you are blogging in order to share your crystal passion and to discuss all the things you love. Sending you tons of positive energy!

• TheStonedArtist
      Author
      December 4, 2018 / 11:06 am

Thank you so much A.E.!

3. December 4, 2018 / 2:34 pm

I can relate to much of what you write. It can be challenging to forge a path as an artist, and sometimes that is a lonely road. But you have the crystals! They are wonderous things for attracting the right energy! The best wedding favour I received was a core sample of amethyst. Such a yummy energy πŸ˜‰

• TheStonedArtist
      Author
      December 4, 2018 / 2:37 pm

It really can be a lonely road, especially when you hit a rut. I love crystals as a wedding gift! That’s amazing

4. Marisa
    December 4, 2018 / 9:28 pm

What’s up! My names Marisa. Thanks for liking my post! Congratulations on creating your blog. Wishing you the best of luck and love! Go forth and conquer πŸ™‚

5. December 5, 2018 / 4:53 pm

Beautiful crystals. I hope you’re not feeling so lonely today.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. As you can tell, humor is my thing. It is my way of making people smile and lifting their spirits.

May God Bless,
    Russell

6. Rachel
    December 7, 2018 / 3:18 pm

I’ve told multiple people how addictive clay is! I have to drive over an hour to get to a studio, but I am really considering is since I am craving to get back on the wheel. Lovely post!

7. December 12, 2018 / 3:53 pm

This looks like so much FUN! I would love to try this and I know my oldest would too! Pinning this!!

8. December 12, 2018 / 4:06 pm

Oh how fun! Such a great way to reconnect with everything. I love crystals too and have a collection of gemstone rocks. It’s always fun learning the meaning of them after I’ve picked one out that “spoke” to me and finding out that it actually fits with my life and what I’m feeling in that moment. Definitely magic

9. December 12, 2018 / 6:07 pm

I’m so glad you’re sharing your journey. Your voice deserves to be heard πŸ™‚ I am in a similar journey, starting out my own business trying to get full-time while navigating everything else in life. Best wishes to you!

10. December 12, 2018 / 10:25 pm

You have a talent. This much cannot be denied. Keep pushing forward.

11. December 22, 2018 / 4:19 pm

Well that definitely clears up the stoned part lol. Great site! πŸ˜€