If We Were Having Coffee ☕️

Hey everyone, I hope your week is going amazing. I just wanted to pop in with a little life update in the form of a digital coffee date.

If we were having coffee… I would start by ordering tea. I would express that coffee is like those emergency glass panels, “BREAK IN CASE OF EXHAUSTION!” I would debate between forming a bottom layer of pure sugar in my mug, and ultimately drink it unsweetened. There’s something invigorating about tea in its natural state.

What is your go to beverage? Would you indulge in a muffin? If so, what flavor?

If we were having coffee… I would tell you I just came home from Denver, Colorado, where I attended my sister’s wedding. I would gush about how amazing it feels to be a big sister again, because I haven’t seen or spoken to my siblings in 3 years. Having never been in Colorado, I had hoped to explore, but it was such a whirlwind.

Have you been to Denver? What city would you love to explore?

If we were having coffee… I would ask how you’re surviving the dormant foliage. I would admit that this time of year is the hardest on my mental health. I would express gratitude for good friends like you and hot tea.

What is your go to, in regards to your Fall wardrobe? How do you stay coziest?

If we were having coffee… We would laugh about my experience in Aerial Silks. I would describe in detail the strange bruises covering my body from inverting and my failed attempt at being graceful. I would admit that during an invert, crystals fell out of my sports bra onto the floor, only to be played with by one of two polydactyl cats that reside in the studio.

What is your favorite way to stay fit?

It was nice catching up with you! Tell me what you have planned for the week, and feel free to answer the questions in the comments! Talk soon.

Share:

6 Comments

1. December 12, 2018 / 3:09 pm

Love the idea of this blog post! I made my first Youtube video in a similar way: “Our Meet Cute” and ran it like a first date 🙂 Such a fun way to do a check in and update!

2. December 13, 2018 / 2:01 am

I’d probably get a dirty chai because it’s my favorite and it has considerable caffeine. I’d acknowledge that I adore tea but the earthiness of a dirty chai really grounds me. I’d pass on a muffin but would look around for madeleines, and probably talk myself out to them.

I would comment that I’ve never been to Colorado or Denver. After taking a moment I’d state that it has always been a dream to go to Ireland or to Tokyo, Japan. I’d shrug when I say ireland because there has never been a reason to go or a single thing that made me feel like I absolutely had to, but it has always seemed like the right place to visit.

I’d concur about mental health, as I too get down during this time of year because of reduced sun. I’d elucidate by saying because of this time of year, while I’m having fun, I’d much rather be at home in jammies and arm warmers, cuddled under a blanket. I’d instantly regret how that sounded and apologize.

While I’d laugh, I’d be super reassuring and share the stories of the random silk burns and bruises I’ve retained and how the first time I got silk burn, I tried to shower after class and it stung terribly. After chuckling, I’d say that while I do aerial and yoga year round it’s way harder to get out of the house during the cold seasons. After some silence, I’d lean in suddenly and, with a grin, whisper, “Y’know what’d be cool? An indoor heated pool. I’d so swim during the winter.”

3. December 31, 2018 / 10:11 pm

Thanks for the Like. Happy New Year 2019!

• TheStonedArtist
      Author
      January 2, 2019 / 3:25 am

Happy New Year to you as well!

4. January 10, 2019 / 9:22 pm

English tea and blueberry muffin… Divine!

5. Isabella Cowper-Rivera
    February 10, 2019 / 6:44 am

I absolutely loved this post! It’s such a good idea. Felt so cosy and I enjoyed it as though we were actually having a chat over coffee (or tea).
    I’m probably late to reply to this but:
    My go to beverage would be a cappuccino or English Breakfast tea, it depends on my mood.
    It’s great that you saw your siblings again. there’s nothing like family! I’ve never been to Denver and I’m not too sure what city I would pick…there’s so many.
    Having good friends makes such a difference when going through a down spell. I can understand as my mental health varies day to day and I hope your feeling better today :). I love fall wardrobe as I can start wearing sweaters again which instantly make me feel cosy. I love the idea of rugging up with a warm cup of tea and reading a book.
    I’m the worst at keeping fit but if anything I enjoy yoga/stretching whenever I can which helps me to start the day.