| As for girls, they should risk everything for freedom and give everything for passion, loving everything that their hearts and their bodies love. The only thing higher for a girl and more Sacred for a young woman than her freedom and her passion should be her desire to make her life into poetry, surrendering everything she has to create a life as beautiful as the dreams that dance in her imagination. |
If I were to ask you what your heart and your body loves, what would be your answer?
For me, it’s wandering. Wandering the hillsides, forests, beaches, mountains. Feeling the sun on my skin and smelling salt water. Listening to birds chirp and the wind cut through tall grass.
To save up money for my road home, I decided to create an abundance jar. I’m a very visual person, so the idea of putting my dollar bills into a large jar and watching it fill is inspiring. I’m also crystal obsessed and know that any time I want to manifest something, they need to be added into the equation along with my intentions.
Because I plan on saving up quite a bit of cash, I opted for a pretty good sized jar. This one I got when I walked down to my local Co-Op. Obviously a jar is see through and reusable, so it was an easy choice.
Choose your Crystals
I wouldn’t be The Stoned Artist if I didn’t sprinkle some sparkles into the mix. There are crystals for every occasion, and abundance is no different. Of course, crystals wont do the work for you. You still need to have the right mindset and actions that support your goal, but they absolutely support manifestation.
Here are a few options for your jar:
- Citrine- “The money stone,” it is believed to elevate optimism and energy, and therefore bring you to a place of opportunity, prosperity, and abundance.
- Jade- Thought to bring good fortune into several areas of your life and it makes you more open to prosperity and abundance.
- Pyrite- In addition to attracting wealth, abundance and good luck, it is believed to hold a strong protective energy.
- Aventurine- Supports personal growth and prosperity
- Tigers Eye- Assists in manifesting ideas and enhancing creativity.
- Selenite will amplify the energies of all the crystals you choose.
I chose to create my jar last week and set my intentions today because it’s a New Moon. New Moons are the best time for planting seeds.
After a few cleansing breaths, I wrote my intentions for the future contents of the jar on pieces of paper, which I placed inside.
It’s important to check in and re-read your intentions to keep you inspired and on track.
Let it grow and be patient
I’ve never been the most patient person, so this is the most challenging part for me. I placed my jar on the top shelf of my closet because 1. Out of sight out of mind, and 2. I love my closet and it’s full of light and safe from my cat, the angel of destruction. My goal is to reach a decent down payment amount for a road home before June, so that’s what I’m working towards. Your goal can be long or short term, what ever aligns with your intentions.
It’s also important to be aware of a few things that can block your path to abundance, which Ethan Lazzarini beautifully lays out:
1. Not following through with consistent action steps
2. Negative beliefs or fears around money or rich people
3. Lack of self confidence that you can change your circumstances
4. Giving up at any sign of resistance or obstacles
5. Setting unrealistic goals or timeframes
This jar was so fun to put together, mostly because it makes my dream of the nomadic life feel tangible, but also because it’s presence is a daily reminder to work for my dreams.